The global 3D sensor market was estimated at USD 2.7billion in 2021. By 2026, it will be projected to rise to USD 9.4billion. It is expected that the market will grow at a 28.1% annual rate from 2021 to 2026. 3D sensors have expanded their use from the consumer electronics industry to the automotive and healthcare industries due to their ability to capture 3D images. 3D sensors are of different types, based on different technologies, and their functions are application-specific.
The growth of the image sensor market is being driven by the use of image sensors in automobiles. The sensors can be used in many areas, including advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), dash cams, side mirror replacements, night vision, LiDAR monitor, gesture recognition systems, and dash cameras. ADAS equipped in image sensors are capable of providing parking assistance, collision avoidance, lane departure warning, and even collision avoidance.
A number of prominent players in image sensors are focusing their attention on new products that can be used for automotive applications. ON Semiconductor, (US) launched the HayabusaCMOS sensor platform in October 2017. This CMOS-based image sensor platform delivers new levels in performance and image quality for automotive applications like ADAS, mirror replacement, autonomous drive, rear- and surround-view systems, and ADAS.
Complete the form to get your Sample Report : https://market.us/report/3d-sensors-market/request-sample/
Images shot with low-megapixel cameras come with many limitations. Images taken with low-megapixel cameras have many drawbacks. The demand for high-megapixel cameras continues to grow. In order to increase the number and size of pixels, manufacturers will either need to increase the chip’s size or reduce the pixel pitch. A larger chip cost will result in a higher price. To produce high-resolution images at a low cost, the only option is to reduce the pixel pitch. This can be a complicated and costly process. Most cases, shrinking the pixel pitch will result in a smaller photo-sensing area
which can affect the image’s performance. This is hindering the growth and potential future of the image sensor market.
Market Key Trends
Global passenger car sales reached more than 78 million units in 2017. China and the United States were the two largest automotive markets in the world. The US was home to more than 6.3million passenger cars in 2017 and the country produced around 4 million cars in that same year.
The 3D sensor market is expected to have a significant impact on the automotive and car sector.
Furthermore, 3D technology is being used more frequently in R&D departments of the automotive industry, which has a positive impact on the market’s growth prospects in Europe, in particular in Germany and Britain. This technology is used in the development and engineering of new vehicle models.
- June 2019 – Infineon launches the 3D image sensor solution, the REAL3IRS2381C for mobile devices. The IRS2381C image scanner delivers a premium, secure and real-time 3D viewing experience. This sensor is suitable for outdoor or indoor lighting.
- January 2018 – Intel released two ready-to use RealSense depth camera models, the D415 or D435, to enable developers to embed 3D depth sensoring into any design.
- Lucid Vision Labs has launched Helios ToF 3D cam. This camera integrates Sony DepthSense IMX556PLR BSI ToF sensors with 10mm pixel. The sensor also features high modulation contrast ratio. To produce depth data at 60 fps and 640×480 resolution, Helios ToF 3D is available from Lucid Vision Labs.
- Sony Corporation unveiled a back-illuminated time of flight image sensor in December 2017. This sensor offers VGA resolution in a small size and allows range finding solutions.
- Microsoft created MobileFusion, an app that allows 3D scanning with smartphones. It was released in August 2015. This application allows users scan an object by scanning it with a smartphone. This app first captures RGB information and then takes stereo depth.
Place An Inquiry to access the full report : https://market.us/report/3d-sensors-market/#inquiry
- Infineon Technologies
- Microchip Technology
- Omnivision Technologies
- PMD Technologies
- Asustek Computer
- Cognex Corporation
- IFM Electronic GmbH
- Intel Corporation
- LMI Technologies
- Microsoft Corporation
- Consumer electronics
- Medical care
- Aerospace and defense
- Industrial robot
Most Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the market study period?
- What is the growth rate for 3D Sensor Market?
- Which region is experiencing the highest growth in 3D Sensor Market?
- Which region is the largest in 3D Sensor Market?
- What are the top players in the 3D Sensor Market?
- This report profiles the market segments for 3D sensors based on type.
- What is the expected value of the 3D sensor market in 2023?
- What is the market contribution of 3D sensors to consumer electronics industry?
- How can the 3D sensors be of benefit to the gaming industry?
- What are the end-users of the 3D sensor industry?
- What about the key players in the market that were analyzed in the share analysis?
- What is the driving force behind 3D sensors?
Explore our report:
- Mobile Backend As A Service market 2022 Product Type, Applications/end user, Key Players and Geographical Regions 2031
- Mobile Application Development Platform market 2022 | Scope of Current and Future Industry 2031
- Mobile Accelerator market Revenue, Manufactures and Forecast Until 2031
- Military Virtual Training market 2022 | Scope of Current and Future Industry 2031
- Microsegmentation Market Insights, Deep Analysis of Key Vendor in the Industry 2022-2031
- Micro Server IC market Current Scenario Trends, Comprehensive Analysis and Regional Forecast to 2031
Market.US (Powered by Prudour Private Limited) specializes in in-depth market research and analysis and has been proving its mettle as a consulting and customized market research company, apart from being a much sought-after syndicated market research report providing firm.
Global Business Development Team – Market.us
Address: 420 Lexington Avenue, Suite 300 New York City, NY 10170, United States
Phone: +1 718 618 4351 (International), Phone: +91 78878 22626 (Asia)
Email: [email protected]